By invitation only, dancers can earn a position on the company. This elite group of dancers receive additional dance training and the opportunity to grow outside of McCann's walls.
Being a part of company means that you are accepting the responsibility of learning dances that may require additional rehearsals throughout the week.
These rehearsals will vary depending on when a performance is coming up. Dancers can participate in opportunities outside of MSOD such as attending workshops at other studios, working with master teachers, and have enriching performing opportunities.
- You can accept or decline the invitation.
- You need to be invited to the company each year.
- You must attend all rehearsals in person unless approved by the teacher.
- The teacher can dismiss you from a dance if you:
- Fail to attend in person rehearsals(3 or more).
- Look to be falling behind.
- Are not able to attend the scheduled performance.
- You need to pay for additional costumes as needed.
- You need to pay for rehearsals (Zoom included) on time.
- If you need to stay home (due to COVID related symptoms), you should Zoom in.
- If you are absent for any reason, the dancer must learn the dance outside of rehearsal time with the teacher.
- You must respect the teachers decision for all things performance related.